The GigaPan Epic Pro is an automated multi-row panorama platform. If you've ever wanted to take highly detailed panoramas, or shoot "Gigapixel" style images, the Epic Pro will make your job easy. Utilizing a microprocessor controlled, motorized mount the Epic Pro will shoot many images of a scene to create 360 degree panoramas.
The GigaPan Epic Pro is designed to support professional cameras and large telephoto lenses up to 10 lbs. Setup is a breeze once you mount the unit via the 1/4-20 thread on your tripod. Don't have a suitable tripod? We suggest the Induro CT-414 Carbon Fiber Tripod. To get started, the Epic Pro's automated menu system will prompt you for all the data it needs to create your panorama. Lens setup involves aligning the top then the bottom of the viewfinder, from there the GigaPan will extrapolate your focal length. From there all you need to do is tell the Epic Pro the upper left hand corner and lower right hand corner of the pano you'd like to create then it does the rest.
The Epic Pro is designed to provide parallax free panoramas with the sliding adjustment plate and arm height adjustments. These slight adjustments are a huge part of achieving great results.
Stitching can then be completed with your own choice of software such as Photoshop, PTGui, Autopano Giga, or GigaPan's software "Stitch." Due to licensing restrictions you will need to provide your own software, but many of the listed options provide a 30-Day free trial.
Take a peek at some of the example images over at GigaPan.com such as this one http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/15374.
PLEASE CHECK CAMERA COMPATIBILITY HERE: http://www.gigapan.com/cms/support/camera-compatibility
Epic Pro Highlights
- DSLR Compatible - EPIC Pro works with almost all DSLR cameras.
- Large lenses are supported and lens combinations of up to 10 lbs can be used with the EPIC Pro.
- Precision accuracy - Powered camera movement and simple fore/aft up/down adjustment for optimal positioning of the nodal point and varied camera/lens combinations.
- Quick set up - Easy to secure EPIC Pro to tripod. Fits standard tripods with 1/4" thread.
- Onboard bubble level for horizontal alignment.
- Clear and simple to navigate menu - Access frequently-used functions with the touch of a button, such as to move the camera or set the shutter delay.
- Screen is highly visible with back lit display.
- Strong and durable yet lightweight - Excellent design with magnesium chassis and aluminum arm, the EPIC Pro weighs less than 8 lbs.
- Rechargeable battery pack (7.2V, 4300mAH). Charge the battery on its own or while inserted in the EPIC Pro, convenient for charging while shooting. Battery pack and charger included.
- Multiple Triggering Option - Allows the EPIC Pro to take multiple pictures at each image location up to 20 times per position for exposure bracketing or multiple image enhancement.
- Optimized range of motion - 360 panoramic and -65/+90 tilt range of motion with precision incremental movement.
- Remote trigger port - Enables you to start taking a panorama from a different location using a remote trigger switch (not included).
- Settings include: Option to repeat last panorama, pause and scroll, and order pictures as rows or columns.
- Adjustable features include: Time between exposures, motor speed, aspect ratio, and picture overlap.
- Precision movement - The pan-tilt precision for the EPIC Pro is 0.04 degrees/step for tilt and 0.12 degrees/step for pan.
- Electronic Trigger Cable - Seven cables are provided when you purchase the EPIC Pro.
- Please see 'Compatible Cameras' to find out which cable is compatible with your camera.